There are various recipes of sushi that include cream cheese. Putting cream cheese in the sushi usually is not very traditional, but it’s now possible because of new trends. Still, because of creative people’s time and innovation, they discovered that cream cheese is good in sushi. It is trendy nowadays.
Proper ways of using cream cheese usually depend on the taste of the person. There are recipes good in sushi if the cream cheese is present. There are ways to put the cream cheese on the sushi.
- Slice the cream cheese horizontally.
- Slice it again into thirds.
- It should be strip-shaped.
- You should measure the cream cheese according to your tastes to not overpower other ingredients.
- Put it inside of the sushi and tightly roll it over.
Some people do not want to have a slice of cream cheese on their sushi because they will dominantly taste it over other ingredients. But lots of people admire the taste. It also creates new sushi recipes, if you will have a piece of cream cheese on it. It is in demand in the restaurants.
How To Properly Use Cream Cheese In Making Sushi?
Choosing cream cheese on your sushi is not traditional. Hence, it is undeniably popular in other countries. This tastes good for other people, but some hate it that much. It all depends on the taste buds of the people. There are sushi recipes that nail the new concept of it. They look more creative by combining them with other ingredients.
Add Strong Flavor
Add some spices, salt, and oil. It would help if you were sensitive to the ingredients that you are combining. You can experiment with adding in your recipe the best sushi with cream cheese for you. Do not use light flavors in your sushi. Of course, the customers will dominantly taste the cream cheese.
Counteract The Mushiness
Add ingredients you know how to counteract the sushi’s mushiness to keep the consistency. You need to find ingredients that can balance the mushiness. Do not make something that you know would be wet, eventually. Make sure that the texture of the sushi is still consistent, and it is delicious to bite.
Use Small Amount of Cream Cheese
Do not overuse in using cream cheese. It has a strong taste already, and the best possible measure is thin horizontal cream cheese. Do not be exaggerated in putting some of it.
Slice it Horizontally
Do not cut it vertically. It will cause you to put much cheese cream on the sushi, and you cannot control its measure already. Be exact in your measurement. It also helps you cut the sushi if you have an equally horizontal thin-sliced cream cheese on your sushi.
Measure the Cream Cheese
You should have a list of the ingredients’ measurements. It is like you are baking. Be accurate in your best way. Always check the measurement of the spices you will put in your sushi. Condiments also vary a lot, so be more aware.
You can experiment with making sushi using cream cheese, but make sure that you will taste it before offering it to other people. It requires time and effort. Creativity and patience are important when making sushi with cream cheese.
It takes a lot of time for you to practice and make it perfect. You need to keep in mind the exact measurement, horizontal thin-sliced shape, a small amount of cream cheese, ingredients that help counteract the taste, and the vital ingredients of your sushi.
It will help if you don’t depend on precise measurement. Hence it would help if you were accurate no matter what. Pick the ingredients that are only necessary for the sushi itself. Do not dilute the flavor of the traditional sushi that you know. Remember, you are experimenting with innovation. Also, it’s important not to disregard the consistency of the roll. Make it appealing to the eyes of the people and its taste.
10 Sushis With Cream Cheese
To make proper sushi with cream cheese, you need to expand your ideas about it. As you will do the process, have your guide in making it and the exactness of measurement that you will be needing. Here are some sushi recipes that have cream cheese in them.
1.Turkey & Cream Cheese Sushi
You can make this for forty minutes.
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- smoked turkey (or Thinly sliced oven baked)
- cream cheese (Greek, or Neufchatel, softened)
- mini cucumbers (or English)
- matchstick carrots
- green onions (or chives, snipped)
- Make the rice by putting it in the bowl with water. Swirl it. Rinse the rice in the colander. Spray the rice for it to remove the excess scratch. Repeat it few times until the water becomes clear.
- In a nonstick saucepan, put the rice in 2 ¼ water. Boil it and reduce the heat. Cook it for at least fifteen minutes. After cooking, please put it in the bowl and cool for ten minutes.
- Mix the sugar, salt, and rice vinegar in the bowl. Stir the mixture with the rice until the mixture becomes sticky.
- In making the sushi, lay the turkey meat on the baking mat. It can either be silicon or bamboo mat. Spread the cream cheese on the turkey using the butter knife. Make sure that you thinly slice it. Put a pat of a thin layer of sushi rice at the top of the turkey. Leave a strip of cream cheese on the side.
- Slice the cucumber and carrots thin with green onions or chive. Put it on the side of the turkey and cream cheese.
- Begin the rolling using the bamboo or silicone mat. Use the mat for it to squeeze the ingredients. Make sure that you mix the ingredients well. Press it gently as you put a little cream cheese.
- Slice the sushi roll for ½ pieces and garnish it with parsley leaves.
2.Vegan Cream Cheese and Veggie Sushi
You can do it for thirty minutes.
- ⅔ cup sushi rice
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 asparagus spears (trimmed)
- ½ cucumber (seeded and sliced into matchstick strips)
- 2 scallions
- ¼ cup cream cheese (cashew)
- 2 sheets nori
- Sesame seeds
- pickled ginger
- Soy sauce
- Rinse the rice for 1-2 minutes. In the saucepan, the other rice ingredients as you heat it and simmer it. Simmer over low heat for twenty minutes until the liquid is absorbed
- Let it sit for another 10 minutes after you remove the heat.
- In the large saucepan, boil water. Remove the heat and blanch the asparagus for two minutes until it becomes bright green. Transfer it to the ice water.
- Place nori at the top of the bamboo mat.
- To wet your fingertips, put a bowl of water beside you. Distribute half of the rice in each nori.
- Sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- Distribute a strip of cream cheese using your finger, pastry bag, or spoon on the top of the vegetable strips.
- Carefully roll it tightly until you reach the end of the nori.
- Cut the sushi rolls into eight pieces.
- Repeat the process if you have an excess ingredient.
- Serve it with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.
3.Keto Sushi (Avocado, Cream Cheese, Cucumber)
You can make it for only twenty minutes.
- 1 nori (wrapper)
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
- ½ avocado (medium)
- ½ ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup cucumber
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- soy sauce (for dipping)
- Cut ⅕ of cauliflower and pulse it in the processor until the rice reaches its consistency.
- In a medium-high skillet, heat the oil and add the cauliflower rice.
- Cook the cauliflower rice for 5-7 minutes until it becomes brown. Place it in the bowl and set it aside.
- Slice into thin slices the cucumber, avocado, and cream cheese.
- Lay a plastic wrap and nori above it.
- Start spreading the cauliflower rice on the nori. Make spaces in the edges.
- Make the avocado the first layer and add cream cheese to it. Put some cucumber as well.
- Roll the sushi slowly and tightly.
- Cut the sushi roll into eight pieces.
4.Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls
You can cook it for two hours.
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets seaweed (nori, sheets)
- ¼ cucumber (peeled and sliced lengthwise)
- 2 pieces imitation crab (legs)
- ½ ounces cream cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- In the saucepan, boil the water and rice into high heat. Reduce the heat to medium to low. Cook it for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir it with rice vinegar and salt. Set aside and cool it completely.
- Lay the seaweeds. Make sure you have a bowl of water beside you so that you can moisten your hand.
- Spread the rice on each seaweed sheet. Put and arrange the crabmeat, cucumber, and cream cheese along the side.
- Roll the sushi tightly.
- Cut the sushi roll into 5 or 6 pieces using a sharp wet knife. Serve with ginger on the side.
5.Philadelphia Sushi Roll
You can cook it for forty minutes.
- 2 sheets nori
- 3 cups sushi rice (cooked, divided)
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds (or white)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (cut into ½ inch strips)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into ½ inch strips)
- ½ cucumber (peeled, seeded, and julienned)
- wasabi (for serving)
- pickled ginger (for serving)
- Cut the nori in half. Lay one nori in the bamboo mat covered with plastic wrap.
- Spread ¾ of rice on the nori sheet.
- Put a bowl of water beside you so that you can make your hand.
- Put ½ of a tablespoon of sesame seed in the rice.
- Put ¼ of salmon into nori and flip it.
- Add cucumber and cream cheese above the salmon.
- Fold the nori tightly until you reach the end.
- Slice it into eight pieces using a knife.
- Serve with ginger (minced) and wasabi.
6.Easy Baked Sushi
You can cook it for fifty-five minutes.
- 200 grams salmon
- 1 fillet
- 14 pieces crab sticks
- ⅓ cup Japanese Mayo
- ½ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce (plus more to taste)
- Seasoning (furikake, for topping)
- 4 cups Japanese rice (or jasmine rice, cooked)
- 1 ½ sushi vinegar (tablespoon, or regular vinegar)
- 1 ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- nori (wrapper, Optional)
- Cook four cups of Japanese or Jasmine rice.
- Bake the seasoned salmon with pepper and salt at 250 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for just fifteen minutes.
- Shred the crabstick.
- Shred the salmon into flakes after you bake it.
- Mix the crabstick, salmon, 1/3 Japanese mayonnaise, one tablespoon sriracha chili sauce, and cream cheese. After mixing it very well, add another two tablespoons of Japanese mayonnaise and sprinkle pepper on it.
- Set aside.
- Combine the cooked rice with vinegar, rice, and sesame oil.
- Using the over-proof glass container or casserole baking dish flat and mix the rice.
- On the top of the rice, sprinkle furikake seasoning.
- Spread the crabstick and salmon on the rice.
- Top it with sriracha chili sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Add more furikake seasoning.
- For ten minutes, bake it.
- Serve it with a nori wrapper.
You can make it for just twenty minutes.
- 6 sheets seaweed (sushi, aka nori)
- 1 batch sushi rice (prepared)
- ½ pound salmon (sushi-grade raw, or desired raw fish of choice)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (sliced into strips)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- soy sauce (for serving)
- Spread the seaweed on the board.
- Put rice on top of it and gently flatten it.
- Cut the sushi salmon straight down the filet. Cut it in the middle so you can have small pieces of it.
- Put your desired toppings. You can use cream cheese and avocado.
- Roll it tightly.
- Cut the sushi rolls into nine.
8.Breakfast Bento Sushi
You can cook it for forty minutes.
- 1 ½ cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
- ½ avocado (ripe, sliced)
- Sesame (roasted black, for topping)
- Cayenne pepper (for topping)
- 1 ½ tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper (coarse)
- 1 pinch salt
- furikake (Seaweed, for topping)
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash the rice three times. Add the sushi rice, and water to the small bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low for twenty minutes.
- Cool it for ten minutes.
- Heat the sugar, rice vinegar, and salt in the microwave for twenty seconds.
- In the sushi rice, pour the vinegar mixture.
- Divide it into three bowls.
- Mix the dukkah in the sushi rice.
- Sprinkle the roasted black sesame seeds on the top and cayenne pepper.
- Mix the black pepper and cream cheese. Form it in the molds.
- For 1 to 2 inches, cut the smoked salmon. Top it with furikake seaweed.
9.Cucumber Cream Cheese Sushi
You can do it for just thirty-five minutes.
- Fish (Sushi-grade, salmon, tuna, crab, etc.)
- Cooked shrimp
- Nori (seaweed paper)
- cream cheese
- green onions
- 2 cucumbers (large)
- 1 cup cooked rice (sushi)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (optional)
- Avocado (unchecked, sliced)
- Red bell peppers (unchecked, sliced)
- Carrots (unchecked, julienned)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Cut the cucumbers in half and seed them to create a hollow center surrounding thin walls in it.
- Lay the rice inside of the cucumbers and put some ingredients in it.
- Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds.
10.Pancake Sushi Roll
You can cook it for thirty minutes.
- 4 pancakes (Russian, about 28 cm or 11 inches in diameter, click on the link for the recipe)
- 100 grams cream cheese (or Philadelphia cheese)
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 4 teaspoons horseradish sauce (creamy)
- 1 avocado (peeled, deseeded, and sliced)
- 4 tablespoons garden cress
- Black pepper
- Wasabi paste
- Soy sauce
- Cook the pancakes and cool them. Set aside.
- Spread one-quarter of cream cheese on the pancake.
- Arrange the sliced salmon and put one teaspoon of creamy horseradish sauce.
- Put thinly sliced avocado on the top and sprinkle one tablespoon of garden cress and black pepper pinch.
- Fold it tightly.
- Slice for 4-5 pieces
- Serve it with soy sauce and wasabi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Making sushi with cream cheese in the proper way is enjoyable. This kind of activity will help you a lot. Ensure that cream cheese gives you a dominant taste, so put only a bit as it matches other ingredients in your sushi. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions.
How to put cream cheese in sushi?
Slice the cream cheese horizontally and thinly. Make sure that you spread or put it in the sushi with the ingredients that match it. Do not over put it because it may affect the taste of the whole sushi. It won’t taste good if you do not measure all the ingredients with cream cheese. Be accurate in the measurement.
Does cream cheese belong in sushi?
Although it is not traditionally used or mixed in sushi servings, you can change it as long as you know how to handle the exact and accurate measurement. Some people prefer not to put cream cheese in their sushi, but most of the total population wants it. Hence, many sushi recipes worldwide help you choose what is best.
How to choose a good cream cheese for sushi?
First, browse each brand and search how it tastes, look for its texture, and its spreadability. You should consider its richness in flavor, the softness and firmness of its texture, and its easiness to spread.
To use the cream cheese properly in your sushi, make sure you have the right cream cheese for your sushi. Consider the texture, spreadability, firmness, smoothness, and consistency. Moreover, slice it thinly before you put it in the layers of your sushi. You should know how to measure the ingredients correctly so that cream cheese will not affect the whole sushi taste. Enjoy rolling with the cream cheese.